Bullard Company's PL series of Portable Ladder with Platform is a cantilevered, adjustable portable truck access ladder designed to roll up tight to a truck or railcar, while also having the ability to "reach over" the man-way area. These units are used for loading, unloading, inspection and sampling applications. Our design offers several features listed below.
- This unit can be used in very tight spaces and has a wheel base of only 2'9" x 6'11".
- The stationary base unit is designed with eight grip strut treads, positioned on 70 degree angles. At the top of the base unit is a 16-1/2" x 24" work platform.
- The upper platform is a spacious 48" x 24".
- Access to the upper platform is through the use of a 4-rung vertical ladder that telescopes within the base unit.
- Tires are 8" semi-pneumatic swivel casters on the front and rigid on the rear. Other wheels are available.
- For added stability, once the unit is rolled into position, leveling jacks are extended and lowered to provide a firm and stable base while in use.
- Finally, vertical adjustment is with a manual break winch. As an option, a hydraulic cylinder with a manual rotary pump can be supplied with the unit.
Custom units are also available. Our ability to design-to-spec allows us to arrange or modify various standard units to meet your specific needs.